Gluten Free Hot Chocolate
If you’re a fan of milky, chocolatey drinks, you’re liking craving a gluten free hot chocolate right about now (it’s cold outside! Brrrr). On the surface, it looks easy enough. After all, chocolate is gluten free, milk is gluten free… so what’s the problem? The problem, it turns out, is that many commercial hot chocolate mixes use wheat as a filler and thickener. Fortunately, it’s easy to make one at home! In this recipe, we use almond milk since we’re currently dairy-free, but you could use regular milk or any gf milk substitute.
Dairy Free Gluten Free Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Ghiradelli cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 1/4 cup plain almond milk
- Combine sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl, whisking to mix well.
- Put water in a saucepan. Add cocoa powder mixture, whisking to combine.
- Stir over medium heat until water begins to boil.
- Add almond milk, stirring until well combined.
- Reduce heat. Simmer for five minutes. Serve.