Quick and Easy Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 16 oz jar GF pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- GF flour (I prefer a blend, such as the one from Gluten Free Pantry)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil for frying
- Salt, pepper, and seasonings to taste
- Season chicken breasts to taste. Our family likes salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk and the egg.
- Combine Parmesan cheese and flour on a plate; mix well.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg and milk mixture.
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture, patting until well coated.
- Heat small amount of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place chicken breasts in skillet and fry until browned on both sides. Drain on a paper towel.
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pour pasta sauce over chicken. Top with mozzarella.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until chicken is heated through and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with gluten free pasta (we like rice spaghetti noodles), crusty gluten free bread, and a green salad. Pass Parmesan cheese if desired.