Pecan pie is a savory food item that makes for an extremely popular dessert, and if you suffer from celiac disease or a gluten allergy, then you may wish to try baking your own gluten free version of it. Luckily, it isnt that difficult. If you have some time, you can have a tasty pecan pie free of gluten.
Gluten Free Pecan Pie Recipe
Time Involved In Preparation: 30 minutes
Time Involved in Cooking: 45 minutes
Total Time Commitment: 75 minutes
Here are the ingredients you will need:
8 or 9 inch diameter gluten-free pie crust (unbaked) 1 (or make your own gluten free pie crust)
eggs (large) 2
sugar 2/3 cup
salt – 1/2 teaspoon
corn syrup – 1/2 cup light
melted butter 2 tablespoons
vanilla – 1 teaspoon
pecans – 1 cup pecans
whole pecan halves – 20
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Put sugar, eggs, corn syrup, salt, vanilla, and melted butter into a blender and blend it.
3. Add 1 cup of pecans to blender and blend until they are chopped up coarsely.
4. Pour the blended contents into pie crust.
5. Place pecan halves along top of the filling.
6. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
7. Lower temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Bake for another 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
9. Let it cool a little bit before serving.
You can yield 6 to 8 slices based on this gluten free pecan pie recipe.