Four Cheese Broccoli and Chicken Bake
This weekend, I found myself with not much in the pantry, but plenty of veggies and cheese in the fridge. I didn’t feel like going to the grocery store, so I did the next best thing– made an ooey, gooey, cheesy casserole.
I was worried it might be a little too cheesy, but then I realized it’s just not possible to have too much cheese. Really, cheese makes just about everything better.
Gluten Free Four Cheese Broccoli and Chicken Bake
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thigh (I used thigh because that’s what I had, but breast would be yummy, too)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 10-ounce bags frozen broccoli (I used the broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot mix because that’s what I had, but plain broccoli would also be good)
- Cook vegetables according to package directions. Drain and leave to cool.
- Heat butter in a large skillet. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add minced garlic and cook another minute.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Add to onion and cook until chicken is browned.
- Remove chicken to a plate to cool.
- Add 1/2 cup cheddar, all the mozzarella, the sour cream, the cream cheese, and the milk to the onions and garlic. Heat, stirring, until melted and heated through.
- Add the veggies to the sauce mixture and stir well. Stir in the chicken.
- Butter a large casserole dish. I used 13 X 9. Pour the mixture in the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Mix remaining cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and paprika and sprinkle on top of the casserole. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the top is to desired crunchiness.
This was a rich, creamy casserole. We ate it with a side salad and a serving of rice. It was tasty, something we’ll definitely try again. What’s your favorite way of cooking broccoli?